Director / Principal Consultant
Murray has over 35 years of in-depth IT and business experience. He has hands-on experience in many areas of business and IT to senior management level, and he has a passion for IT enablement of business strategies and achieving results.
Industry-wise, Murray has extensive experience in the corporate, banking and finance, government secondary and tertiary education sectors. His years in consulting and sales has exposed him to a significant number of other industries.
Murray facilitates courses in IT/Digital Governance and a range of topics of interest to CIOs, CEOs and Board members.
Murray’s expertise includes:
- Virtual CIO/CDO Services
- IT Governance advice and training for Boards, CEO’s and CIO’s
- IT Governance Health Checks
- Business requirements definition
- Tender preparation, evaluation, and selection
- Strategic information systems planning
- Programme and Project management
- Information technology management
- IT and IT Governance reviews
- IT education consulting, accreditation and monitoring
- Training of CIO’s and Boards
- Change management
- Business Case Development
- IT Contracts and Negotiation
- Mentoring staff
- Transition management
- Advice on IT staff recruitment and interviewing
- Website development, project management and reviews
- IT Training in management, CIO skills, and articles on topical IT topics.
We take professionalism, qualifications and experience seriously.
Not only are we qualified to offer you advice, but we maintain a commitment to professional development. It’s a requirement of the various professional membership organisations that we belong to.
Actually we love being up to date 🙂
- Master of Business Studies, Information Systems with Distinction, Massey University
- Post Graduate Diploma in Business and Administration, Massey University
- Management Diploma, NZ Institute of Management
- Diploma for Graduates (Pastoral Studies), Otago University
- Certified Management Consultant (CMC)
- Chartered IT Professional (CITP)
Giving back to Tertiary Education and the Profession
- NZQA Bachelor and Master’s of Digital Technologies Monitor, MIT
- NZQA Bachelor of IT Monitor, WINTEC
- Bachelor of IT Monitor, The Open Polytechnic of NZ
- Seoul Accord Delegate, ITPNZ
- Accreditation Visit Manager, ITPNZ Seoul Accord Degree Accreditations
- NZQA Accreditation Panel Member
- Better Business Cases Approved Trainer
- Assessor for ITPNZ
- CIO and IT Governance course facilitator
- Judge – Multiple CIO Awards
- Editorial Advisory Board Member CIO Magazine
- Papers reviewer various Conferences
- NZ member of International Organisation for Standardisation (ISO) Committee for ISO/IEC JTC 1/SC 40 IT Service Management and IT Governance
Giving Back to the Community
- Treasurer, Disability Spirituality and Faith Network Aotearoa / NZ
- Ordained Anglican Priest
- Aged Care Chaplain
- Pro-bono consultancy advice
- Board Member Liverton Security Limited
- Board member or Trustee of a number of Organisations and Charities.