IT Governance is focused on the leadership, structures and processes that ensure that an organisation’s information technology sustains and extends the overall organisation’s strategies and objectives.
This half-day workshop is an introduction to the fundamentals of IT Governance, its relationship with Corporate Governance and its relevance in developing and sustaining organisations in the private and public sector.
The workshop will use a participative approach using case study material. Real world examples will be used from the real-world experience that your trainer brings. We will provide you with course notes, guides, templates and checklists as well as references for further reading.
The workshop covers the following:
* An introduction to IT Governance
* An overview of why organisations need IT Governance
* IT Governance as a subset of Corporate Governance
* An overview of the ISO/IEC 38500:2008 IT Governance Standard
* Discussion of the roles of the Board, and responsibilities of executive management and the CIO
* IT Governance Assessment and Maturity Model
* Identification of the steps involved in implementing IT Governance
* Challenges to be overcome in implementation
* Skills required of CIO’s, CEO’s and Board member
* Examples of current business/IT alignment and governance models and standards
* A Board IT Governance Checklist
Book Early – numbers are very limited
Duration: 1/2 Day
Trainer: Murray Wills